Wednesday, April 2, 2014

On This Fool's Day'niversary

Once upon a time, in a decade a few years ago, I met a truly wonderful man at a gaming store in Norcross GA. Over the course of the next several years, we became acquaintances, then friends, then lovers, then best friends, then partners, then husband and wife.

This man doesn't hit me, doesn't belittle me, doesn't cut people out of my life, doesn't lash out at me for his own insecurities and imperfections, doesn't think headgames or snipery are a mandatory aspect of a "normal relationship", and doesn't pressure me to be something I'm not.

He encourages my dreams, my silliness, my addiction to fairy tales, my quest for intellectual development, and my crafting/culinary/gardening adventures. He plays fun games with me, works with me to create my own, and he shares with me a world of stories via travel and music and shows. He lends strength when I'm facing something that makes me afraid. He holds me when I hurt, and he soothes the rage that comes with that pain. He tells me every single day that he loves me; every single day, without fail.

This day each year is the day we celebrate our piece of government-required paperwork for insurance purposes - and the day we delight in a relationship that never needed that piece of paper to be lasting or real.

Happy Fool's Day'niversary, my darling Boy.
I love you. Always. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment